Friday 29 January 2010

Coughs and Sneezes

We've been stuck in most of the week. Seth had a terrible cough at the beginning of the week and Eli caught it yesterday, meaning just as I was preparing to get out and about again, we've been forced to stay home. Seth has been moaning all day; he wants to get out and he got sick of painting, sticking and wet play ideas really quickly today. I'm also frustrated; when the kids take up every spare minute I don't get time to do my own thing. I've been given a car seat and am desperate to start hacking it down so I can fit it into the Madsen and take the kids out for rides. We live in a village with no public transport and I don't drive, so getting the Madsen up and running is really important to me, as it gives me some independence. With the old De FietsFabriek 995, we would chuck a hot water bottle under the cover a few minutes before the ride, and it would be cosy warm for Seth. However, I hated riding the 995 in wet slippery conditions whereas I LOVE riding the Madsen in any kind of weather as I feel so much more in control - probably has some thing to do with the sizing as well as the set up. I can't wait to do the hot water bottle thing with the boys in the Madsen and start visiting the museums in town together. Lets hope I get a few minutes spare this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers